Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Elle Macpherson says it takes hours to perfect 'school run glamour'

Elle Mcpherson
Kiddie time: Elle Macpherson says she is often snapped in the morning on the way to a photo shoot. Pictures: Timothy Anderson
  • Confession a relief for slummy mummies
  • "I don't wear leather trousers in everyday life"
SCHOOL-run mums envious of how glamorous Elle Macpherson looks when dropping off her son should breathe a sigh of relief. It takes hours to look that good.
The reason the 48-year-old yummy mummy looks so picture perfect and stain-free every weekday morning is that she's often on the way to a photo shoot.
Macpherson’s glamorous outfits and look has attracted plenty of attention in the UK, with pictures of her doing the school run appearing on countless of magazines and sending "normal" mums into fits of jealousy and despair.
“I find it amusing that so much is made about my appearance, especially when I'm dropping my son off at school,” she told British magazine Radio Times.
Mums, do you care how good you look on the school run. Tell us below in comments?
“I'm often on the way to work, so I've spent two hours having my hair and make up done, and I'm wearing ‘work’ clothes.
But she takes only ten minutes to get ready when she isn't working. “I don't wear make up, high heels and leather trousers in everyday life."
She also reckons she has secret to looking good, although it doesn't seem to be that much of a secret - a healthy diet, plenty of water and no drinking or smoking.
“I don't run eight miles a day like I used to. I eat a lot of organic food and drink lots of water, and I take time for meditation to set up my day,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment