Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow drops C-bomb while talking about granny on Chelsey Lately Show

GWYNETH_PALTROW
Gwyneth Paltrow plays nice while signing copies of her cookbook, My Father's Daughter. Picture: Getty Images
  • Paltrow on TV to promote cookbook
  • She shocks audiences with c-word
  • Says grandmother hated her guts
GWYNETH Paltrow is no longer the actress you'd want your granny to meet.
The Oscar-winner shocked TV audiences in the US when she used the C-word to describe her own grandmother.
Paltrow's foul-mouth got the better of her while talking about her new cookbook, My Father's Daughter, on late night talkshow Chelsea Lately.
She and host Chelsea Handler had been swapping tales about their families and discovered they had both called their grandmothers “mutti”, the German for “mummy”.
Handler started turning the air blue, joking: "My mutti was a real b**ch."
But Paltrow was not to be outdone and replied: "My mutti was a real c***," leaving Lately and audiences gasping in shock.
The actress went on to explain her grandmother "just hated my guts, basically".
"She tried to poison my mother (actress Blythe Danner) against me, but it didn't work, because I have a great mother," she said.
"She was tough. You look back and you think she must not have been very happy and she must've had a lot of pain because she was mean as hell."

No comments:

Post a Comment